Wednesday 23 May 2012

The week in review

Well I haven't blogged for a little while - why? I haven't actually had too much to deal with... the pre season tasks have been pretty reasonable, I mean my cupboards are always filled with healthy foods and I am geared up... also despite my best efforts I only lost 200g this week... plus my body fat percentage increased!!

But I am back. I have learnt a lot this week:
  1. Keeping an honest food diary is key. I have kept a food diary in the past and have never been honest, or I have stopped on the weekend. This week I know exactly why I haven't lost weight. My personal trainer is also reviewing it, so it is good to be held accountable! When someone else knows your consumption it makes you think twice about it.
  2. Have an open mind about exercise - a 'can do' attitude. This week my friend told me about a new gym she was going to with a bit of a different work out (http://www.ludusmagnus.co.nz/). She asked if I wanted to go with her to try a class. If you look at the website it is scary! They look like warriors and the pictures aren't much different to reality. It was intimidating and it was hard. So hard! But I finished and felt like I could do something and that I wasn't as unfit as I thought! I will be going back for sure (tomorrow morning in fact)
  3. Positive thinking is needed - I didn't lose weight this week, but on the plus side I realised that exercising 4 - 5 days a week at lunch time is now a habit. I don't mind doing it at all, it is just another part of my day. That is amazing for me! I also am feeling my muscles and feeling strong. The scales may not show a reduction but there is no way that my exercise/ food last week did anything other than help me! I now want to meet my friends for walks or any other exercises and not dinner and drinks. This was a big step for me :)
Now, there was something else I learnt but now I've forgotten!

The current task of diarising is great. I love organisation. I go to kiki k and get excited. I have a diary already and I already mark in my work outs. The more organisation I have though, the better. I am following the forum very closely on this to see what has worked for other people. When you are cooking for one it is hard (but not impossible) to fit in all of the preparation needed.

Now I just need some mini milestones!

I have some questions this week -
  • It is Winter almost and Auckland is renowned for being horrible at that time. If I want to catch up with my friends, what type of things can I do and still burn calories when it is cold and wet outside?
  • What tools are you using to plan cooking, shopping and work outs?
  • What are your mini milestones?
Please share your thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment