Wednesday 2 May 2012

My 12 Week Body Transformation


Well, well, well... I've signed up to Michelle Bridges 12 Week Challenge. Why, you ask? Why am I submitting myself to a lot of pain, a lot of extra work and giving up my favourite foods?  I know that Michelle Bridges is one hard lady. I know that I am not happy with my current weight or my low self esteem. I know that I need to take drastic action and Michelle can help me do that!

So what’s the first step? To tell you a little about me… I am a 25 year old female, who is not ‘naturally thin’. I am a 165cms and when I was younger I was always average weight. In 2009 or so I weighed 76kgs and I saw a photo of myself and was devastated. I vowed to change and I did. I followed a very strict diet and lost 12kgs. Now I’ve moved to New Zealand in the last couple of years and have ballooned to 80kgs. I am determined not to go over 80kgs. I am sick of going out with friends and being the ‘bigger girl’. I am sick of being ashamed of my weight. It went so far that on the weekend I did a bungee jump and they wrote my weight on my hand. I didn’t want anyone to see it so I hid it from all my friends. That was a low point. I am sick of hating photos being taken of me and I am sick of not having confidence. Naturally I am a very confident person and so my current self esteem is not who I am.

I am interested in health and well being and regularly read about it and anyone that seems to lead a healthy life style is very motivating to me. I am quite knowledgeable about how to lose weight and get fit but the problem is that I eat take away foods too much. I live by myself and when I’m bored I’ll just order in. Even if I have a fridge full of healthy food (I get fresh fruit and veggies delivered every week) I will order delivery. I also buy much more than I need for one person – and I eat well past being full.

I know I can change because I have done it before. What I’m lacking in is motivation. I am willing to listen and absorb everything Michelle tells me to do, because even if I can’t be bothered it is impossible not to have results following what she says. Impossible! So why wouldn’t I just do it? I’m 12 weeks away from a new, happier me. That isn’t very long in the scheme of things. I am ready to start living!

I want to hear from other people who have the same problems and am open to ideas on how to improve myself so please comment away!
- Abby xx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra! Are you doing the 12WBT too?

      Delete