Monday 14 May 2012

Goals... (or lack thereof!)

Doing this has made me realise that I do have goals but I just don't know how to measure them. I mean the weight loss goal is easy. I know that I need to lose 20kgs, and I plan to lose 1kgs a week. Therefore in 20 weeks I should be my goal weight right? I know that my happiness levels (or somewhat lack thereof) is largely based on my weight and my monetary situation. When I have those in line, I am the best version of myself and able to tick every other box with ease. I realise that linking money directly to happiness might be silly for some, but at times I feel like my lack of money holds me back from a lot of things. For example, I would be living in London right now if I had saved enough. Living in London is a goal for me and something that I know will make me happy.

... I guess I just answered my own question then! Obviously my goals need to be weight and money related. Wow, writing a blog does help!

So lets start from the beginning.

My overall goal is happiness.

To achieve this I need to have two smaller goals:

  1. Weigh 60kgs (Lose 20kgs) by 30 September 2012!

How?
  • 1kg a week (DIARISE!)
  • Block out Sunday afternoons to planning the week ahead and making mini goals
  • Eat 1200 calories per day
  • Stick to my exercise plan

    2.    Save $10,000 by 30 September 2012!


How?
  • Get my boyfriend to open a bank account that I can't touch (by 22/06/2012)
  • Write a detailed budget (by 20/05/2012)
  • Get payroll to deduct the amount I need per my budget from my pay to this account before it goes into my bank account (notify payroll by 22/06/2012)
  • Stick to my budget! This should be easy if I never see they money and my boyfriend stays strong :)
Reward...
I truly will be at my best if I have reached these goals and it will enable me to spend the Summer in Australia and move to London in January. Hopefully if my bonus is good enough (which is decided on 30/09/2012 - are you noticing a trend here? I am!) then I'll have a nice stop in at Thailand on the way.

I realise I haven't written weekly goals up here, but I will be putting them in my diary, I assure you!

Writing these out truly was inspirational! Now to get onto the budget, bank account and working out exactly what dates for each weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment