Sunday 27 May 2012

Fitness Test and the Week That's Been

Last week was a tough week.... A combination of internal excuses and red flag events that I didn't plan around. I stopped keeping my food diary half way through the week which is a telltale sign. I did all of my workouts bar what I was planning to do on the weekend (which is always my biggest downfall). I used excuses, 'I'm too tired' and 'I'm too busy'. Really annoyed at myself about that. On the food front, now that I think about it, it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it certainly wasn't good. Nachos one night (but only half the plate), party on Saturday night but only two vodkas, kumera chips but instead of dinner when my friends had whole meals, a few tim tams and chips on Friday night and basking on Sunday although other than the odd taste test I didn't actually try any of my cooking. I guess all in all, it could have been a LOT worse, especially for me when I spiral out of control from one bad meal. I made a few good decisions this week though so I'm glad I am learning some restraint (i.e. ordering a fruit salad at breakfast on Saturday). Needless to say I am very concerned about the weigh in, and the 12wbt could not kick off fast enough, because the 100 - 200g a week I'm losing despite intense training is quite demotivating.

There are two things I'm finding quite difficult at the moment. The first is that I do bootcamp (30 mins x 2 per week), personal training (30 mins x 1 per week) and now a friend has got me going to these 1 hour sessions on the other days which are 1 hour bootcamp sessions basically. All of these sessions incorporate strength and cardio and I always do 20-30 mins of cardio before my bootcamps or personal trainings. This makes it really difficult to fit in with the plan of 3 x cardio sessions, 2 x strength sessions and 1 stretch session a week. I really would like to stick to the plan precisely but this is stopping me. I know that as long as I am exercising and counting calories then I will get results, but I'd feel more certain about my program if I was doing Mish's program to the T.

My other concern is the fitness test today. These are my results:
1km time trial (rowing machine): 4:35 - ADVANCED
Push ups: (20 Toes, 30 knees) - ADVANCED
Abs: S3 - INTERMEDIATE
Wall sit: 1:30 INTERMEDIATE
Sit & reach: +10cm ADVANCED

I realise these results point to advanced, but I am so overweight that I just don't see how I could be advanced. I didn't do those with ease. I have been training for a while before this fitness test but my training is usually sporadic. I guess if I didn't go advanced it would be because of internal excuses, so I guess I will give it a go. If I"m really, really struggling afterwards I can always go down to intermediate.

Bring on week 1! Can't wait to get the meal plan. A friend of mine that I work with and I are going to split the lunches, so that we each bring one in every day. Will make it a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment